The new year brings new beginnings and good intentions about changing behaviors that hold us back in achieving the very best out of our lives. The dreaded New Years Resolution. This year, make it an easy one, start taking better care of your skin. It’s only your body’s largest organ! That should be reason enough, right? Your skin helps protect your internal organs from the outside world along with regulating your body’s temperature. It’s your body’s PROTECTOR.
Skin is constantly growing, with cells dying and new ones created every day. If you take care of your skin, it’s amazing how it can fight aging along with protecting you from diseases.
Why your resolution should be all about your SKIN:
- How You Look – Let’s be honest, physical appearance is important to everyone. Skin that is unhealthy may give a dull and an overall unhealthy appearance. Saggy, blotchy or dehydrated skin can affect your overall appearance to the world.
- Let’s Get Healthy – We all think of getting healthy this time of year, which involves going to the gym and making a commitment, but your skin is just another piece of “getting healthy”. Not having proper skin care habits can affect the overall health of your skin. Unhealthy skin can lose its elasticity, which leads to that thin appearance.
Your Skin Care Regimen Should Involve:
- SkincareCleanse – You want to keep your skin clean, but don’t over do it. Don’t over cleanse your face because that will remove the skins natural lubrication. Try to stay away from bar soaps that can be way too harsh for your face and dry out the skin. Find a cleanser that is right for your skin type. Ask us about your skin type and we can assist you in a proper cleanse regiment.
- Moisture – Moisturize your skin, especially if you have dry skin. Did you know that moisturizing your skin while it’s still damp will help lock it in. Don’t overdo it, too much can clog those pores and will leave you with some unsightly breakouts.
- Fixing It – Now it’s time to talk about repairing. What specific problems and problem areas does your skin have? Do you have wrinkles or sagging skin? Do you have dry areas or blotches? Knowing what your issue are will help you add the suitable products to your daily routine. Example: if you suffer from large pores using Microspheres to fill in the pores should be part of your regiment. Have acne? There are many options and new and wonderful products specific in treating this condition. Discuss any issues of concern with your skincare professional so that you include the specific products. Microdermabrasion Treatments are an effective resource for those with fine facial lines, wrinkles, age spots, clogged pores, texture issues, light scarring, discoloration, sun damage and even stretch marks.
- Why Wait? Prevent – Yep, don’t wait for problems to appear, prevent them. Sunscreen is the first line of defense in your arsenal. You can now purchase products that include sunscreen in your moisturizer. Whatever you do, use a sunscreen with SPF 15 and when you’re out in direct sun apply a stronger SPF.
We encourage you to receive monthly skincare and body treatments for a more effective preventative and repairing process to your routine. Knowing your skin is crucial to your overall health. Start the New Year with healthy skin that will glow and make people take notice!